LEED AP, EcoBroker Certified™,
Certified Green Professional™, NAR
Real Estate Services
I represent you as a REALTOR®, a real estate professional who has
chosen to join the National Association of REALTORS® and abide by its strict Code of
Ethics. I am state licensed and take extensive ongoing training.
Typically, you owe me nothing until you purchase or sell a property, and
I am compensated only at closing. Tailored to your situation, my
services can include:
Property Types I Handle:
- pre-owned homes
- new homes move-in-ready
- new homes
- choice of lot for floorplan, upgrades, and options
choices with volume builder
- lot for buyer to bring chosen custom
- large acreage farm-ranch properties
- investment properties
- for-lease properties
- Your exclusive agent, to help you as needed to budget, evaluate
and contract for your land, architect, custom builder, owner-builder
process, or completed home.
- Duties and loyalties are to you.
- My fee typically paid by Seller, guaranteed in MLS.
- Services can include:
- Research, show properties
- Price analysis for your offer
- Facts, information, advice, opinion
- Negotiating your offer on your behalf
- Your advocate through loan qualifying, seller’s disclosure,
contract/addenda/amendments, option period, inspections, repairs, appraisal,
earnest money, survey, deed restrictions, HOA, closing costs.
- Buyers - Did you Know...click
for summary of impacts of being assisted as seller's agent's
customer vs. being fully represented as your own buyer's agent's
- Click here for
detailed comparison of being assisted as seller's agent's
vs. being represented by Beth Johnson as your Buyer's Agent
throughout the search and purchase process.
- Click here
for slides from “Home Buying Today in North Texas!” seminar
I created to help clients, prospective clients, and the public.
I’m available to speak to your organization on this topic.
Seminar includes pros and cons and financial consequences of renting
vs. owning; timeline and steps to getting the keys to your new home;
home prices, income to qualify, closing costs, down-payment
assistance; loans; finding the home that’s right for YOU;
outcompeting other buyers.
here for comparison of benefits of Renting vs. Owning
as to lifestyle, costs, investments, lock-and-leave security, net
worth gain via two methods, taxes.
- Sellers - Did you Know...click
- Market analysis to help you price your property to achieve your
- Advice and contacts to help you prepare your property for
effective marketing and showings
- Marketing your property through Multiple Listing Service to tens
of thousands of North Texas licensed real estate agents and their
- Compelling photos, savvy marketing captions
- Enhanced Internet exposure on Realtor.com, kwpreston.com, and
dozens of websites
- Property-specific website about your property
- Exposure on appropriate greenbuilding websites
- High-impact sales sign with brochure box and appropriate
property-specific sign riders
- Property brochure (inside your home, in outside brochure
box, and in MLS listing)
- Virtual tour on MLS and syndicated websites
- Narrated call-in Home Audio Tour about your property
- Electronic key box and showing service for secure showings by
licensed agents to
qualified buyers, per your directions
- Scheduling and showing your property to prospective buyers
- On-site events to drive buyer traffic
- Special marketing channels (speeches, websites, emails,
interviews, fairs, seminars, networking)
- Your advocate through seller’s disclosure, verifying title,
appraisal, survey, evaluating and negotiating all offers, contracts
/ addenda / amendments, inspections, option period, closing.
Click here to
compare my services and qualifications vs. another
Energy Upgrade for Your Existing Home:
- At no cost to you, I can briefly explain energy audit and upgrade
options and connect you with honest, quality energy auditors and
contractors to significantly and cost-effectively reduce your utility
costs and improve your resale value.
Smart Green Now Consulting:
- Aside from real estate transactions, if you need objective greenbuilding information or advice, my firm Smart Green Now Consulting
can provide everything from construction info to evaluating green rating
programs to marketing materials.
- Frequent site visits with builders, product manufacturers, building
- Clients include developers, builders, architects and other building
professionals, homebuyers, home sellers, other REALTORS®. In addition to
real estate research, marketing and transactions, services include
speaking and teaching, construction info, evaluating green rating
programs, developing or editing marketing materials, organizing tours,
recommending educational opportunities in greenbuilding, training sales
- If my location isn’t a good fit for you, I can help find you an
excellent real estate professional in another
region to serve as your Buyer’s or Seller’s Agent. They compensate me at
no extra cost to you.
here to learn benefits and simple process.
- To help their green-leaning clients, real estate professionals retain
my services including research, marketing, tours.
Presentations, Courses, Tours:
- Frequent speaker on green building before REALTOR®, builder, and
consumer audiences. I tailor my presentation “Green Built Homes are
Built Better for People, Pocketbook and Planet” to audience and length.
Other real estate topics also available.
- I author and instruct courses for REALTORS® and building industry
professionals. Author and instructor: North Texas’ first TREC-approved
Mandatory Continuing Education credit course on green building for real
estate agents that focuses on locally relevant green building
certification programs. Approved instructor for NAR’s green designation
course and residential green-building elective. Additional greenbuilding
seminars in which I have served as an author and instructor include
those hosted by DFW Metro Green Consulting, Half Moon Seminars, Live
Green Expo, Lorman Education Services, City of Plano.
- Frequent tour organizer/guide for in-person and/or video consumer
and/or REALTOR® tours at homes rated into greenbuilding programs such as
USGBC’s LEED, USDOE Building America, Austin Energy’s Green Building
Program, and HBA’s Green Built North Texas.
Research, Writing, Media Source:
- Authored “As Texas Goes, So Goes the Planet” in Home Energy Magazine
2007, researched/authored “Neighborhood Watch—Going Green” in Dallas
Home Design Magazine’s first annual green design issue 2007, authored
“Dallas Area Residential Green Building Program Unveiled” in Dallas
Sierra Club newsletter 2006.
- I frequently do media interviews about greenbuilding.